Topnet successfully conducted the Fiber Optic Training Program by The FOA on January 11-13, 2022 in Dubai.
CFOT® – Certified Fiber Optic Technician – is the primary FOA certification for all fiber optic technicians. CFOTs have a broad knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) in fiber optics that can be applied to almost any job – design, installation, operation – and for almost any application using fiber optic communications.
What To Expect In Training Programs For CFOT Certification
To qualify for CFOT® Certified Fiber Optic Technician certification, a training program will cover at least the following topics:
- Overview of fiber optic applications and installations
- Communications systems utilizing fiber optics
- Fiber optic components appropriate for fiber optic networks
- Installation of premises and outside plant fiber optic cable
- Splicing and termination
- Testing fiber optic components and cable plants
- Hands-On Lab Exercises including hands-on splicing, termination and testing
Typical Field Experience For Direct CFOT Certification (Work to Cert)
- To qualify for the CFOT certification, at least two years of relevant field experience is required, including documented experience installing and testing fiber optic networks. Training by employers, manufacturers or vendors of cabling products may be recognized as part of the experience requirements.
Field experience installing and testing fiber optic networks must include the following:
- Participation in multiple installation jobs, preferably including premises and OSP installations
- Experience preparing various cable types
- Experience with fusion splicing and several termination types
- Experience testing with visual inspection, VFL, OLTS, OTDR
For FOA CFOT requirements, please contact us :
E: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com P: +971-42991162